question about my atv2

Reaction score
just installed my new atv2. on the main screen when i go to the computer heading, nothing shows up. i have home sharing turned on shouldnt something show up under the computer heading?
I am new to ATV so sorry for my ignorance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Is your computer on with iTunes open?

OP
oddjobbb
Reaction score
yes it is open. actually i figured it out, i had used the wrong account user name when setting it up.

i have another question however, I would like to have access to two macs. one is my Imac and the other is my wife's macbook.
i have access to mine but how do i get my
ATV2 to recognize my wife's Macbook. she has a separate Itunes account so how do i set it up to be recognized by ATV2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You log out of your account on the ATV 2 and log into hers. Make sure Home Sharing is on on her computer.

Alternatively you can authorize your account to play her content by logging into your iTunes account on her computer. With home sharing on it will authorize your account to access her iTunes purchases and both libraries will show up on the ATV 2 combine. This will work vice-versa too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Glad to hear it. Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.