Safari problems

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve just started getting problems with Safari on my iMac.
1. The ‘add bookmark' icon to the left of the address bar (a button with a ‘+’ sign on it) has disappeared from view. But, if I click on the space where it used to be, the drop-down menu appears. And it’s not in the ‘customise toolbar’ drop-down either. All the other icons are still there and functioning.
2. More worryingly, in Safari preferences, the ‘privacy’ tab has gone too. I use this often to clear cookies, etc, as they tend to slow Safari down.
This seems to have happened only since I did the last software update, but that could be coincidence.
Any ideas?
C.

C

chas_m

I'm using the latest version (5.1.4) on the latest Lion (10.7.3) and the bookmark button isn't there for me either, but you can put it back by visiting the "Customize Toolbar" option under the View menu.

As for the Privacy tab, mine's still there. Check to make sure you're not running Safari in 32-bit mode (get info on the application, look for the 32-bit checkbox). If it's checked, try un-checking it. That's how I fixed a YouTube issue in Safari with the latest version.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for that; unfortunately, it isn’t in the ‘customise toolbar’ drop-down either.
I’m running Version 5.0.5 on Snow Leopard, if that’s important.
C.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,
well, I’ve solved this myself.
Solution: move Safari to trash. Download safari from Apple, All glitches gone.
Weird.
C.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.