apple tv...can I ?

Reaction score
Hi evereyone, Im thinking of buying apple tv and looking at various web pages cant work out if it will do what i want.
Basically my itunes is made up from cds imported and music from apple.What i would like to do is access my itunes and play my songs through my tv and maybe use the iphone as a controller is this possible ?.Also can i stream home movies from the mac to my tv via the appletv.
many thanks Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
You definitely can do all of the things you're wanting to do with Apple TV. The only caveat that I see is the fact that iTunes has to be on and running for you to be able to access the media you want to stream from your Mac. Also anything you want to stream to Apple TV has to be in iTunes ( you would need to put the home movies into iTunes to stream them). The remote app for the iPhone or iPad can control the Apple TV. One of the coolest features though is AirPlay. Any media on your iPhone or iPad can be streamed from it to Apple TV, including movies, music, and photo's you haven't synced with iTunes yet but are just on the device, youtube videos or clips you are watching on the iOS device as well. I'm not totally sure on this one but I also think that just the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S can also do AirPlay mirroring where you can actually see everything you do on the device on the TV via Apple TV.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your speedy reply sounds just what im after.Will be on my list.
Thanks again Lee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.