How far do you have to push a cd into the slot before it takes it?

B

BeyondxBelief

I am a newbie and I was wondering how far you have to push a cd into the slot of the new Powerbooks? I have to push the cd all the way into the slot before it takes it. Only have like a 1/2 of an inch of the cd is sticking out before the drive takes it? Is this normal? Thanks. And another thing, when you eject the cd, is it suppose to out smoothly? The Disc comes out and the disc kinds of turns counterclock wise like a 1/4 of an inch and it seems like when the cd ejects, it is real tight on top when coming out. Is it normal or am I being paranoid about it? Any pointers would help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
mine takes it after i push it in more then half the way. im not sure about your other question

OP
B

brody

i have to push the cd in almost all the way. i figured this was normal. it sucks it in pretty fast anyway, so i think you can pretty much jam it in there and not wait for it to suck it in like a car deck cd player.
secondly, i tried putting a cd in just now while my computer was asleep. don't do that. i don't know what happened, but it didn't take it and then when i woke up my computer the cd drive made a weird snap noise, like a spring snapped back into place. prob. wasn't good, but there don't seem to be any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.