Wireless networking G3 iBook

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have a have a wireless network setup. That is made up of a linksys router connected to the cable modem. A Dlink airplus extreme G wireless router is connected to the linksys router. My son-in-law has a PC running windows XP and a wirelees G card which connects with no problem. I also have a Ti G4 PowerBook with G Belkin wireless G card which connects with no problem.

Here lies the problem. I want to connect to the network wirelessly with my wife dual usb G3 iBook. We don't have an internet airport card. We are trying to find a wireless g solution. I have tried to get the linksys usb wireless adapter to work, I have tried to get the dlink dwl-g120 to work, I even tried to get the Apple Airport express to work. I am still unable to get her iBook to connect wirelessly. She is running OS X 10.1.5.

Since I still have the Dlink and the Apple express, I would like either one of these to work. Any help would be appreciated. :)

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I returned the dlink dwl-g120. A got the dlink dwl-122. All I need to do now is upgrade her system to either OS 10.2 or 10.3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.