uploading web pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still using pc
Is there a way to upload a photo web page created in adobe lightroom using my imac account? Owen

Reaction score
You mean your .mac account.

The photo web page created by Adobe Light room will be a folder with an HTML file and pictures, right?
I don't think .mac lets you freely upload stuff to make a website, but I know you can put it on your iDisk and serve it off there.

Reaction score
You mean your .mac account.

The photo web page created by Adobe Light room will be a folder with an HTML file and pictures, right?
I don't think .mac lets you freely upload stuff to make a website, but I know you can put it on your iDisk and serve it off there.

Do you think there is no other way of uploading stuff?

Reaction score
G'day hterriup,

As far as I know, if you can somehow add the Adobe content to an iWeb created webpage, then you should be able to upload it using your .mac account as a host.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I don't have a .Mac account, but certainly most web servers will accept a set of HTML pages and folders and display them correctly from the web. I have looked at what comes out of Photoshop when you ask it to create a gallery, and this is just what it is. I assume Lightroom does similar stuff.

You need to upload that to your Web server via FTP or any other working mechanism. The first page's files should have a file called index.html in it, if not you are still missing something. If it is there, and you can point your browser at it, it will display correctly. You shouldn't need any .Mac cleverness to make this happen... I hope.

That having been said, perhaps .mac accounts are different? Has anyone used their .Mac account to publish "home grown" vs. iWeb generated web pages?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
If you have a .Mac account open your iDisk, then look for the folder Sites and copy eveything you want in there. Once that is done you can access the files with this address:
http://homepage.mac.com/username
This was part of the original .Mac service and still works. iDisk>Web>Sites goes to the address http://mac.web.com/username. The index.html file you find there is just to take you to iDisk>Web>Sites>iWeb, but you can store stuff there too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.