FireFox PC bookmarks to my MAC?

Reaction score
Can I transfer the firefox bookmarks from my old PC to my new mac? I have just started this new imac up and am learning everything new. Please help, new mac user!!!!!:)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can I transfer the firefox bookmarks from my old PC to my new mac? I have just started this new imac up and am learning everything new. Please help, new mac user!!!!!:)

Yep, it's easy.

Go into the Bookmarks manager on your PC, export the bookmarks (it will generate an HTML file). Then go into the Bookmarks manager on your Mac and import them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro -- 2.8 Ghz Unibody (mid 2009); MacBook Air -- 2.13 Ghz, 128 GB SSD; 32 GB iPhone 3Gs
Faxmarks is a great tool

I use foxmarks (http://www.foxmarks.com/) as a plug-in for firefox...it allows you to see all of your bookmarks on all of your computers. When you add one it synchronizes all your machines. It allows me to have all of my bookmarks at work and on my PC as well as my Mac.
:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yep, it's easy.

Go into the Bookmarks manager on your PC, export the bookmarks (it will generate an HTML file). Then go into the Bookmarks manager on your Mac and import them.

Good one CWA107! I usually do it the HARD way but your way is very easy. Will remember that next time!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
I use foxmarks (http://www.foxmarks.com/) as a plug-in for firefox...it allows you to see all of your bookmarks on all of your computers. When you add one it synchronizes all your machines. It allows me to have all of my bookmarks at work and on my PC as well as my Mac.
:)

Another vote here for foxmarks. It's how I keep my MacBook and my Parallels' Windows XP Firefox install synced up.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yep, it's easy.

Wow, that's easy! One more question. When I put the file on my mac, where do I put it? I see the HD icon on the mac and when I open it I see a few different folders in there. Do I need to put it in one particular one in there?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Open the browser on your Mac and use the Import Bookmarks from the menu.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wow, that's easy! One more question. When I put the file on my mac, where do I put it? I see the HD icon on the mac and when I open it I see a few different folders in there. Do I need to put it in one particular one in there?

Well, you can import the file from anywhere on your Mac, but generally it is stored in:

<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<your Firefox profile name>/bookmarks.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.