Dumb Mac

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got a G4 powermac 400Mhz for my dad, installed os x tiger with no problem and I must say it boots up quicker than my 64 bit AMD 3800+ which is good. Unfortunately I have another issue which isn't very good, I'm trying to install a waveterminal 192m pci soundcard but when I install the drivers and reboot it doesn't work anymore, gets past the mac os is starting up screen then just get a blue screen with mouse pointer, tried booting to safe mode but won't do that either. It first did it when I changed the default sound device to the waveterminal so I was wondering if I need to disable the macs onboard sound and if so how on earth do you do that?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Why would you replace the soundcard in that machine? Macs mostly use pretty incredible soundcards right out of the box.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi,

That may be so but the soundcard I am trying to put in has 4 1/4" jack inputs and 8 1/4" jack outputs, optical and spdif digital ins and outs and the crunch, midi!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is the soundcard designed for a Mac?

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes I believe the card is designed for mac or pc, I can't find any sign of a mac edition on their site anyway:

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/wt192m/

It says os x.2 and newer supported.

I wouldn't imagine it's running updated tiger as I just installed from a retail disc, I'll try and find that update, apple website I assume?

Edit: Got those drivers already

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.