Safari history question

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know what year safaris first started exploring the African savannahs?

ONLY KIDDING -

No, I have a question about the History for Safari. I have to say that as a recent switcher Mac wins on every level except perhaps for the History in Safari. You can't search it (I don't think) and it's not very easy to navigate, keep having to let the whole thing scroll down.

Are there any good plug ins or other History appls that I should know about?

Thanks alot,

shark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Macupdate has a lot of programs that would help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
you could also try www.versiontracker.com

search "safari" on both macupdate and versiontracker and you will find a ton of good stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
No need for any add-ons at all.

Click the book icon at the far-left of the Bookmarks bar, or choose Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks

Click the History icon in the left-hand pane.

At the bottom, there is a search field; you can select either "All collections" or "History" (or whatever is currently active.)

Reaction score
technologist that's fantastic info ... of course everything needed to search through the history is there only if one looks for it.

If you click on the open book icon to the far left and have a look around but then need to return to the page you were just on ... just click the book icon again and it returns you to that page ... perfect. OR ... just open an new tab then click on the book icon.
Thanks for that tip!

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey guys that's just what I was looking for.

There's so much hidden in OS X.

Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.