Trash empties automatically! :<

Reaction score
So for some reason, unbeknownst to me, my trash empties everything automatically! It started awhile back and I have no idea why it's doing it! I don't want it to delete things automatically! I just want it back to normal! Please help!!! :(

OP
A
Reaction score
So the first time I opened Terminal, it had a bunch of text in there. I added in what you said, but I think I may have somehow deleted the original text! :\ I have NO idea what to do now. When I open Terminal now, it doesn't have any of the original text saying what computer it is or whatever.

So the advice would have worked if I hadn't screwed it up... :( How do I fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Restart the computer

Sometimes a system restart is all that's needed for the login process to access information from your account. If there's a problem with access to the directory information when you initially logged in, this could pass to other processes that access this information, and a restart can sometimes clear this.

If that didn't work,

Remove the Terminal's preferences

Deleting the file "com.apple.Terminal.plist" from /username/Library/Preferences/ folder and relaunch Terminal.

Quit terminal, log out and log back in.

Now, once you are up and running again, Copy and paste this:
sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash
It will look like this (minus the red that I used to cover my surname)

click enter

Type in your password and click enter (even if you don't see your password while you are typing it)

Now it will look like this:

*reboot once you are finished before you test the trash again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
lol not quite, but thank you :)
Glad you got it sorted!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.