Downloading from 2 Mac help please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad mini 16g 13" Macbook Air 80g Snow Leopard ipod nano 8g 11" Macbook Air 128 g Mountain Lion
Is is possible for me to download music from both of my macs to my iPod? I have bought from the store on my new macbook air, the tune successfully is available in both macs but I'm only able to download to the pod from the old one......help and a fix would be appreciated,

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's possible. Just authorize your new Mac in iTunes and then you'll be able to use both.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad mini 16g 13" Macbook Air 80g Snow Leopard ipod nano 8g 11" Macbook Air 128 g Mountain Lion
Thanks but...

The new mac is authorised, it's like it doesnt see the iPod when i connect it....

Yes, it's possible. Just authorize your new Mac in iTunes and then you'll be able to use both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Then when the iPod is connected to iTunes via USB, reboot the i{Pod and then it should show in iTunes for you.

C

chas_m

This is contrary to what I believe is correct.

While you can certainly share the music from two Macs using Home Sharing under the same iTunes account, unless Apple has made a HUGE change in iOS devices without my noticing, you can't sync your iOS device to two different machines. It's tied to one machine, the one you first synced it to.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding or wrong about this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe chas is correct about being able to only sync from one machine. I'm trying to remember what I did when I had both Macs here at home and I do believe I could only use one of them to download (sync) music to my iPods. I could however, manually copy our home recordings from iTunes on both machines. (Which is not the same as syncing.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The new mac is authorised, it's like it doesnt see the iPod when i connect it....

Something is amiss then, because i have had multiple friends connect their iPod/iPhone/iPad to my Mac to charge it and the first thing i do is go into iTunes and Disconnect them from the sidebar so nothing accidentally gets click and sync or something worse happens. They ALWAYS show up in my iTunes. . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.