Problems working with Windows 2003 Server

Reaction score
I'm new to the form and new to the Mac world. I recently made the switch to Mac (the first in my office) and am LOVING it so far, but I am running into one large issue:
All of my duties at work involve me accessing, adding to, or changing flies on the office server (windows 2003 exchange server). I am able to get on to the server and open files, but I cannot add any new files to the server, change any existing files or make alias's of folders on the server. Each time I try to do so i get a message telling me I "don't have permission to do so". I have had my IT guy upgrade me to ADMIN but it hasn't helped.

I could really use some help, I'm afraid that if i don't get this resolved soon they will make me get rid of my Mac, :Grimmace: , and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks for you input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OS X can have problems with NTFS drives, especially if the server does not have services for Macintosh installed.

Get your IT guy to visit the MS support pages and look up services for Macintosh - it comes with MS server but needs switching on

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I looked all over the MS support page and could not find any articles specifically talking about installing Service for Macs. do you happen to have a direct link to that page or any other ideas?

-Thanks,

OP
W
Reaction score
Your right, they really don't make it too easy. Thanks though, this should really put me in the right direction; I'll pass it along to my IT guy.

So, does this mean you use a Mac on a Windows server and All is fine?? Any lingering problems or quarks?

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.