Remotely Control a pc with xp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
Okay, so im stuck!
Im wanting to be able to control 2 different XP computers. One that is on the same network and then one that is not (my gf's computer bc she has problems every once in a while). Im wondering if there is some program (free?!) that i can download for her pc and my pc to allow me to do this sort of task. or maybe a pair of programs, one for my mac and another for the pc's that will allow me to take control of those or just view what is going on on that computer. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Shoot...I'm trying to remember the name. They do exist. I know this, I've heard it on the satellite radio before.

If you have XP Professional, aren't you able to do that as well with Remote Desktop?

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
they are both running xp home
and the compter im on now is my mac and i want to control to xp home machines and i do not have xp on this mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Try log me in

I think that dose mac's and Windows
Have a look

https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

that should do the trick

Arg! Ya beat me to it!

I've been using LogMeIn.com for a while.. I'm so glad they have a Mac applet now. Before I could just control a Windows PC with their Java controller.. Now I can control my Mac from a PC now too! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
Arg! Ya beat me to it!

I've been using LogMeIn.com for a while.. I'm so glad they have a Mac applet now. Before I could just control a Windows PC with their Java controller.. Now I can control my Mac from a PC now too! :)

LOL

Great minds think alike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
Theres also a program, RealVNC that has a free version. It works like a charm also, but LogMeIn is a great tool as well and I use it frequently. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
VNC for LAN, LogMeIn for WAN.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
You can also use the Mac RDP client from Microsoft (also free).

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/remote-desktop/default.mspx

It's just like the one that comes with Windows, but for the Mac (obviously). It will certainly work on your local network, but won't work by default across the internet to another system unless you set things up correctly.

However, given that, LogMeIn (like others have said) is a pretty easy way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.