Network printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Hello all,

i just got an old apple personal laserwriter 300 printer. I installed it on one of my macs, and i want to be able to share the printer over a network with my other mac and a PC.

Can someone tell me how to do this??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Mac are you running the Personal Laserwriter 300 on? I have one of them I got at a Thrift store. Have it on OS9 on a 7600 with a sonnet G3 card. What OS you running on the Mac the printer is hooked to?-

My PL300 uses the old Mac round serial port so I am figuring you are using it on an older Mac with serial ports. If you are running OS9 I would try using Apple Talk for connecting with your other Macs. The PC is another story. I tried to find Postscript drivers for the PL300 and OSX but gave up, so went with OS9 as there are drivers.

Let me know what you are using there and I will try to help you.

OP
macEfan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Hey, thanks for the reply!

The Personal LW 300 is on a Powermac 6500: It has os 9.1, 4gb hard drive, 96mb ram, and it is 250 mhz. It would be neat if i could print to it through the PC, but i don't know how to!

Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.