• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about a particular TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz G4 Processor, 80 GB HD, Radeon 9600 graphics card
I found this TV: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889022020 and have a few questions. On the page it says, "This means the 327V displays everything — high-definition digital TV and widescreen movies (up to 1080i resolution)..." and also states that the max resolution is 1360 x 768. So would I have to do anything besides hook up my 360 to it to get it to display in it's highest resoltion? Also, the page also says, "The 327V can even double as a computer display with support for resolutions up to 1360 x 768 through HDMI and VGA." So does that mean that I only need HDMI or VGA cables to get it to display it's max if I'm using it as a computer monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
Well, first of all since the resolution is 1366x768, it will not display a true 1080i signal since it would need to have a resolution of 1920x1080i. It also will not display a TRUE 720p signal but that should not be a problem since it has more than the required 1280x720p. Many people consider 720p to be superior to 1080i anyway. You will need to hook up your 360 using component or HDMI (not even sure if 360 supports HDMI, but if it does than use it), then set the resolution on the 360 to 720p and it should look great. However if you use standard video cables (yellow, red and white) or S-video, it will NOT display at the highest resolution and will look terrible. You need at least component (Red, Green, Blue) for HD. And yes, if you connect this TV to a computer using a VGA cable it will be able to work just as any LCD monitor with a resolution of 1366x768

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.