mounting printer driver in OSX 10.4

Reaction score
Trying to mount a driver for HP P2055dn laser printer on a G4. Keep getting the message "New printer detected. Would you like to reload the browser?"/ Doesn't matter if I press cancel or OK nothing happens. I'm using a USB cable (not networked).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Setting up a printer is a two step process.
1) Installing the driver software puts the driver software pieces where OS X expects to find them.
2) Adding a printer in System Prefs > Print & Fax sets up a print queue, so OS X knows which connection type it is using, and which driver gets associated with that printer.

Have you done those two steps?

("mounting printer driver" doesn't really fit this process.)

OP
K
Reaction score
Setting up a printer is a two step process.
1) Installing the driver software puts the driver software pieces where OS X expects to find them.
2) Adding a printer in System Prefs > Print & Fax sets up a print queue, so OS X knows which connection type it is using, and which driver gets associated with that printer.

Have you done those two steps?

("mounting printer driver" doesn't really fit this process.

Very grateful for the reply. To answer: Yes the driver software was installed successfully. But when I try to add a printer in System Prefs> Print & Fax nothing shows up except the "New printer drivers detected" message. Am I missing some other step?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Thanks for a clearer explanation.
As soon as you get that message (you may have to click OK or something), go up to the Printer Setup menu and find "Reset Printing System."
Then try adding again.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for a clearer explanation.
As soon as you get that message (you may have to click OK or something), go up to the Printer Setup menu and find "Reset Printing System."
Then try adding again.

Again thanks Greg (I think I've seen you on another forum, hope I'm right and you don't mind. My mistake. It's my wife's computer and her G4 has 10.3.9 not 10.4 as I mistakenly said earlier. Too many Macs around the house (ywo with 10.4 and hers with Tiger (There's no Printing reset command in the Printer Setup utility that I could find)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.