Bootcamp Partition Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Need to install Windows for work related tasks. I will use Bootcamp to partition my iMAC's HD. I just bought Win7 Home Premium. I've watched several YouTube video's on how to do the partition and install seems so easy a Caveman could do it. But I still have some questions:

1. Should I discover down the road I need to increase the size of the partition, can I go back and re-size the partition?

2. Should I ever want to fully uninstall Win7 can I delete or resize the partition like it was never there?

Thanks

Tom

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Need to install Windows for work related tasks. I will use Bootcamp to partition my iMAC's HD. I just bought Win7 Home Premium. I've watched several YouTube video's on how to do the partition and install seems so easy a Caveman could do it. But I still have some questions:

1. Should I discover down the road I need to increase the size of the partition, can I go back and re-size the partition?

Yes. Paragon makes a product called "CampTune", that makes this relatively simple. Otherwise, it will require some backing up with a program like WinClone and rebuilding the partition.

2. Should I ever want to fully uninstall Win7 can I delete or resize the partition like it was never there?

Thanks

Tom

Yep. Boot Camp Assistant will revert it back to a single partition with ease.

But before you go through this, I would strongly recommend you look at installing Windows via a virtualization product like VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop or VirtualBox (each has their pros and cons). But it makes it far more flexible and you don't have to reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.