RVZR Malware

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Mac is infected with the rvzr-a.akamaihd.net malware. I have run several malware scans with different software, but no luck. I'm stuck on what to do next, every article I've found addressing this malware is for Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is malware which infects Windows users only. It impacts on IE, Chrome, Firefox Windows versions. It should have no effect on your system at all unless you're using Windows from Boot Camp or a virtual machine.
Your Mac is not infected.

Windows removal instructions are here.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the response. Occasionally when I click it takes me to an rzvr site, or a 123.com (I think that's what it is) site. I've attached a screenshot of one thing I'm dealing with.

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 3.07.49 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're using Safari, install "AdBlock" and "Ghostery" as extensions and that should take care of the ads and occasional pop ups.

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Mac is infected with the rvzr-a.akamaihd.net malware. I have run several malware scans with different software, but no luck. I'm stuck on what to do next, every article I've found addressing this malware is for Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

What you appear to have is "adware" not "malware." To you and I there isn't much of a difference, but most of the anti-virus companies don't bother to deal with adware.

Have a look at this article:

Adware Removal Guide
The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide

And you can see if this helps:

Adware Removal Tool (free)
The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Tool

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.