What are the differences ....

X

Xx620xX

What are they? I mean, from what I can tell....macbook is better, but around the same price. The macbook, is it a good portable device? Will it be too loud in a classroom, etc? Or should I stick with a powerbook for that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Xx620xX said:
What are they? I mean, from what I can tell....macbook is better, but around the same price. The macbook, is it a good portable device? Will it be too loud in a classroom, etc? Or should I stick with a powerbook for that?
The MacBook is thinner than its 15-inch PowerBook counterpart by a tenth of an inch. It is very portable, more so than the PowerBook of the same size. And you can turn down volume with the volume control buttons. There's a good chance it will be overkill for your needs, but if you can afford it anyway, the choice is yours. Future proofing is always good.

OP
X

Xx620xX

Yeah, it is. I was in a hurry when typing it, sorry. Thanks again. You've been a good helper, rep for you!!

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
Same thickness as my 17" powerbook. also when you say to loud what do you mean? I mean you can mute any laptop. So volume should really be an issue. Powerbook 17" speakers are loudest by dar to any off the other powerbooks.

Also sound seems richer, macbook no idea till mine arrives. Nothing is future prrof all technology becomes dated look at the ipods and how many revisons came out last year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
apple_power said:
Same thickness as my 17" powerbook. also when you say to loud what do you mean? I mean you can mute any laptop. So volume should really be an issue. Powerbook 17" speakers are loudest by dar to any off the other powerbooks.

Also sound seems richer, macbook no idea till mine arrives. Nothing is future prrof all technology becomes dated look at the ipods and how many revisons came out last year.

When did you order/when is your estimated delivery date?

Trying to gauge how long it ill be till mine is here!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.