NTFS problem

Reaction score
Hi there.
I have a large presentation that needs to go on a usb stick for posting to a client in Spain. I installed Tuxera NTFS and formatted the USB for NTFs. Great, I could read and write to it, so I put the presentation on and posted it to Spain. The client says that it can't be recognised on his PC and the only option he gets is to reformat it.
Does anyone know why this should be the case? Sadly, I didn't test it for PC compatibility before I sent it off to Spain.
Any thought would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What did you use to format it to NTFS?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm not familiar with Tuxera NTFS, but if it uses MacFUSE along the same lines as NTFS 3G, I can tell you it's not particularly reliable.

If you need to do this sort of thing frequently, I'd recommend Paragon NTFS... although it's not free.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I think it does use MacFuse.
I'll give Paragon a whirl and see what happens.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Wouldn't it have just been easier to burn it to a CD/DVD?

OP
W
Reaction score
Yes, if only it was possible to put it on a DVD. It's a video plus music presentation and totals at 12GB in size. It's already had as much image compression as I dare (the original was 140GB) without compromising quality. As you know, it's hard to compress audio...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, if only it was possible to put it on a DVD. It's a video plus music presentation and totals at 12GB in size. It's already had as much image compression as I dare (the original was 140GB) without compromising quality. As you know, it's hard to compress audio...

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Maybe it's time to upgrade to BluRay for data and avoid these issues. Then again, both ends have to be upgraded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.