Another Happy Mac convert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
After the pleasant experience with our new iMac, I just purchased a Macbook Pro for my work. Because I was spoiled by the bootup times of our iMac with a SSD, I elected to get the Macbook with a 128 GB SSD. I stayed at that size because of cost considerations. I then used an OWC Disk Doubler to install an additional 500 GB Seagate Momentus Hybrid drive for additional storage. While I no longer have the internal optical drive, I don't miss it and can always hook it up as an external.
I can't say how impressed I am with the construction of the Mac, the quality of the products from OWC along with their detailed instructions, and the overall "Mac" experience.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I can't say that I have never encountered problems or frustrations after switching, but as a whole it has been one of my better decisions. Glad to see it has been the same for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Congrats mate.
I have recently seen some Videos of a member that has a SSD in his MBP running Lion and how quick it booted up with his Start Up Items there as well . . . . Super Duper quick, but i can't justify the price atm with the casual Mac use i do with it . . .
Envious though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD
Switched in February and never looked back. Best computing decision I've made.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.