Macintosh HD vanished from finder:devices

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a first time mac user. I wanted to try out boot camp and everything worked out just fine, i booted in windows and made a few configurations.

But when i booted back in OS X and opened finder my Macintosh HD was no were to see on the desktop or in the finder devices menu.
Instead, in both finder and on desktop, i have a new drive "untitled" which i assume is my windows partition?

There doesn't seem to be any problem with my files in the macintosh hd, all my documents and apps are still available. The only problem is that i can't acces it on the desktop and in the finder:device menu.

Can anyone please help me out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you talking about the area to the left of the finder window.

You can drag any icon in there to restore a link, folders, disks etc.

Or it may be your finder defaults have changed, with a window open choose View from the top menu and Show toolbar

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes i'm talking about the area to the left of the finder window.
It's possible that i can just drag the drive to the finder menu. But wherefrom? I can't find the drive anywhere.. If i go to "computer", the only icons i have are "untitled" and "Network".

And my toolbar is shown.. and in preferences I have checked "show these items in the sidebar: hard disks"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Here you go

Mine disappeared when I upgraded to OS X Lion.

Finder preference-->Sidebar-->Devices--> ☑ Hard disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" IntelCore 2 duo 2Gb Ram DDR2
Mine disappeared when I upgraded to OS X Lion.

Finder preference-->Sidebar-->Devices--> ☑ Hard disk

Good evening!!!

I have the same problem, but when I verified on devices, the hard disk has a check mark, but does not appears on the finder on the desktop!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Your in the wrong section if you want to have them display on the Desktop, go to Finder Preferences>General>Show these items in the sidebar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" IntelCore 2 duo 2Gb Ram DDR2
Your in the wrong section if you want to have them display on the Desktop, go to Finder Preferences>General>Show these items in the sidebar.

Did that, still not shown on the desktop :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Have you unticked and reticked the checkbox for HD's on the Desktop?

Reaction score
NOTE: If you just upgraded to Lion and your Macintosh HD icon disappeared from your sidebar, there's an easy fix. If you don't care about having it on the desktop and just want it on that sidebar, right click on your Remote Disc and click open enclosing folder, and drag and drop Macintosh HD to sidebar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.