Skyrim on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.1 GHz, iPhone 4S 64 GB, iPad 16GB WiFi, iPhone 4 16GB , 3G iPod Nano 8GB
hey all,

I am considering either buying a desktop PC or the new iMac desktop, however, I would prefer buying the Mac. Does anybody out there know if i would be able to play the new Elder Scrolls game that is coming out in Nov. on the iMac if it is only released for PC? I have done a little research and it looks like there is something called "Cider" and also something called "Boot Camp" that I can use to run windows based games, but I am finding it difficult to understand how either of these programs work on the Mac. Anybody willing to enlighten this newbie to the wonderful world of the iMac? I would greatly appreciate it!

Oops-Pow-Surprise

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Boot Camp is a method whereby you partition the HD to be able to install Windows on your Mac. It also includes the various drivers necessary to make Windows happy. You will, however, need to buy a legal copy of Windows for this and essentially boot in and out of OS X or Windows depending on what you want to do.

Cider allows games to run natively on OS X, but that's something that the game developers will have to do. So if Bethesda decides to do that with Elder Scrolls, then you can avoid going the Boot Camp route..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.