Something strange happened while on Youtube

Reaction score
Hi, paranoid ex-Windows user here again! :)

I was on Youtube last night watching a multi part video. When I went to watch the next part I did so by trying to right click and open it in a new tab in Firefox. Now I don't remember hitting anything to save a page, but somehow an HTM or HTML file was saved to my download folder before my eyes. I didn't double click on it and instead just deleted it. I believe the HTM or HTML file was called "Watch" or "Watch This".

I can't remember if these were in the folder or not while the HTM or HTML file was, but later on I noticed that there were 2 other files in the download folder. I forget the exact names but I remember they were a string of letters and or numbers. And I also believe the file made mention of "part HTM" or part HTML".

Now my concern isn't a virus because as I found out through here there are no Mac viruses. But what happened just seems a bit strange. Part of me is afraid someone else could have put those on my computer (not physically, I live alone now). How likely is it I would have saved the page accidentally, and what about those 2 other files I found in the folder after deleting the file? Any thoughts on this besides me being extremely paranoid?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.