My buddies are all offline, all the time.

Reaction score
And no... they're not all trying to avoid me. I use iChat for just one buddy in England, and I use Adium for all the rest through Jabber. When I open Adium by buddies appear normally, but in iChat they're all offline. It's strange. I have around 50 buddies in Aduim, and only one that I conect with through AIM using iChat.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks
ZDW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
hmmm...

I know that iChat does support both AIM and Jabber, what I am not sure off is if you can be connected to both on the same time through iChat.

Try logging out of your AIM account through iChat and use the Username & Password for Jabber after selecting that option from iChat.

Also, go to iChat --> Preferences --> Accounts.

See if your Jabber account is setup correctly with the right username & password.

Hope that helps, let us know if it doesn't work and I am pretty sure we'll find a resolution.

Cheers

OP
Z
Reaction score
FIRST, thanks for the reply. It's much appreciated. I tried both things you mentioned, and it didn't seem to fix the problem. I logged out of AIM in iChat, and am signed in and available in Adium in iChat, but still no joy. It's the strangest thing. I'm befuddled.:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Thanks, its my pleasure :D

I am terribly sorry I couldn't resolve the issue.

I am not too experienced with iChat/Jabber ordeal. I personally only use it for AIM. Hopefully one of the more seasoned member around is gonna kick in soon and offer more valuable help than mine.

Cheers

OP
Z
Reaction score
Well thanks for the effort! I only really need to use iChat for my friend in England. But even he appears to be offline when I'm speaking to him. I'm wondering if I should uninstall iChat and reinstall it or something?:[

OP
Z
Reaction score
I figured this out last night. What I did is I changed my MSN password on the Windows Live site, and that's when my problems started. It just came to me last night when I was considering changing my password again. What I needed to do was re-register my MSN transport in PSI for iChat to pick up the password change from MSN. What a tricky mess.

:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Intel MacBook 2GHZ Core2Duo, 2 GB Ram
I have the EXACT same issue...I think it has to do with the oscar server AIM connects to through iChat. Ghey...

EDIT: I deleted my account from iChat and re-added it and the problem went away!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.