question on IMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
Hello again. Just got a new IMac and after working on a 13"macbook pro for the last 18 months it seems enormous!!

One question I have though....on the mbp when I was downloading files to my external HD to a file called holding, when I clicked on the download icon in the tray I could see the progress that was being made on the DL in that file. Now on the IMac when I click on the download icon I just get what is in the file called download on the internal HD, even though I am downloading to an external HD to the file called holding... Is there a way to get it to work like on the MBP?

Is that clear????

C

chas_m

You're looking in the wrong place. The icon in Safari to the right of the URL bar shows you the progress of the file, regardless of where you're downloading it to.

You could, of course, just remove the Downloads folder from the drive if you like.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
Ahhh I see. thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.