Need some advice on my water-damaged MB Pro

Reaction score
Took it to Apple store, tier3 780 dollars. :Shouting:

Me=College student=Broke.

soo i found a local buisness where they fix macbook and stuff

and they said they use a device called fisher cleaning device which is suppose to a high end cleaning machine.
they said it would cost me $150 dollars and they had high successful rate.
with that $150 dollars if they fail, they will only charge me $50 for the diagnostic.

Should i do it? or shuold i go to a local authorized apple buisness and get it fixd there?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've never heard of a "fisher cleaning device". What is it and how does it supposedly clean up water damage? The problem with water spills on a computer is that damage is caused very quickly especially if the machine is on at the time.

If you want to take a chance and spend $150 or $50, that's up to you. Apple is quoting you the price to change out the logic board which in fact may be damaged. You might also consider putting your MBP on eBay and advertise it as water damaged. Whatever it sells for, you can use that money to buy a refurbished MBP from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Computer + Water = Death. That is why the quote is for the logic board.

What should you do? Keep all liquids well away from the MBP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.