Best Buy to only have 15 ipads per store at launch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Best Buy to only have 15 iPads per store at launch
[dead link removed]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Looks like the people that plan to buy their ipad from Best Buy better get their tents ready.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
i think they will do the same as they did with the ps3 mgs4 edition , they give vouchers at the peoples that are waiting then only sell it to them ..

Reaction score
i think they will do the same as they did with the ps3 mgs4 edition , they give vouchers at the peoples that are waiting then only sell it to them ..

I can see some people paying 100+ dollars for someone elses voucher just so they can get their hands on one first.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I can see some people paying 100+ dollars for someone elses voucher just so they can get their hands on one first.

If that was true I'd line up with no intention of actually buying. Just to get the voucher and sell the voucher on for the cash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

That's exactly what they're doing. Someone leaked Best Buy's "iPad Game Plan" that detailed how to handle the whole process.

Seems like it would be more worth it to go to an actual Apple store if one is in your area.

Reaction score
Hi guys new here to the forums, I have silently always been a mac fan. Than the iPad was announced. :) Anyway thought I would share some information.

My brother is the Manager at Best Buy whose location will remain unknown. He actually has all the signage and promo gear (including some new t-shirts) the iPad stock is set to arrive on Friday the 2nd but heres the deal he CANT sell it until the 11-12 of April PER Apple. Something about a promotion and AD and there not being enough stock. They will have Demo units out that you can use including a 3G Model! This is honest and accurate. I pre-ordered mine the day they moved the ship date to the 12th. :( So I was hoping to get one from Best buy as there is no Apple Store close enough for me. Anyway, that's what I know.

Reaction score
My brother is the Manager at Best Buy whose location will remain unknown. He actually has all the signage and promo gear (including some new t-shirts) the iPad stock is set to arrive on Friday the 2nd but heres the deal he CANT sell it until the 11-12 of April PER Apple. Something about a promotion and AD and there not being enough stock. They will have Demo units out that you can use including a 3G Model! This is honest and accurate. I pre-ordered mine the day they moved the ship date to the 12th. :( So I was hoping to get one from Best buy as there is no Apple Store close enough for me. Anyway, that's what I know.

Where I'm at I have a friend who works at the local Best Buy and he did say they were only getting 15 of them and will have three for display (something I wanted so I can check out before I buy). They expect a big "over night" turn out and it will be a madhouse on Saturday. He also said the employees couldn't buy any for 3 weeks...of course that doesn't keep them from going to the local Apple Store to get one.

jom

Reaction score
I really wonder what the odds are of getting iPad from Best buy Saturday morning without standing in line all night???

Reaction score
Best Buy

I was at the Best Buy in Brandon Saturday morning to pick up my 16GB iPad and the store had at least 60 various sizes.

By the time the store opened, there were only about 15-20 people in line, and by the end of the day they still had some in stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ended up getting one from best buy. The store opened at 10 am. I drove by at 9 and nobody was there. I walked up to the store at 5 till 10 and there were only 4 people waiting. :-D

I feel bad for all of the people that camped out at Apple stores.

Reaction score
I made mention in another thread I just walked in and bought one. I guess there were lines at 9/10am (I got there at 2:30pm) and they gave out vouchers but only to the number they had in stock. Then later they actually got another shipment and I just happened to show up. Zing...I walk out with one after playing with their demo models 20 min or so.

The sales people were a bit confused as one told me they got more whereas another said they were out. All toll I think they got at least 30...maybe more. There were 3 16GB left and one (out of originally 10) 64GB after I got mine that was part of the late shipment and they sold at least 15 earlier in the morning. So it appears they got more than 15.

jom

Reaction score
Walked into Best Buy Saturday around 130pm

They had plenty of iPads (even after the morning rush). Seems this was another media generated event. They had all 3 drive sizes. Played with one for 5 minutes and bought it.

Obviously new here - looking forward to picking up some iPad tips and tricks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It looks like the CrunchGear 15 units per store article was bogus. I have seen posts everywhere stating that Best Buys got up to 100 iPads for Saturday.

Maybe they were hoping to stir up more demand.

Starting to think the same. The gu at the store I went to say they had plenty after I asked about the 15 limit. Maybe 15 was the minimum guaranteed amount for locations receiving them, not the maximum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.