nfs share mounting in osx questions

Reaction score
not sure if this is the place for this topic but figured id try here first . i have a nfs share server which is linux (192.168.1.32) the client is the power mac osx (192.168.1.38)

im fairly familar with linux and its command prompt ive only used the mac a few time since its my moms. im trying to see if it can even see the nfs server useing the showmount -e command and this is what happening

Code:
sudo showmount -e 192.168.1.32 it gave an rpc authentication failure.

so than after i got that error i thought id see if rpc daemons were running useing

Code:
rpcinfo -p
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused

i have no idea about anything on mac's but im guessing the daemons are not started. but how do i even find out if they exsist on the computer and if they dont is their any kind of packmanager for mac such as yum for redhat, portage for gentoo etc...?

OP
B
Reaction score
ok so i found i can connect via the connect to server option in the go menu of finder so i know know the computer can see and connect to the nfs share. my next question is how would i mount it and how would i get it to mount at start up? thank you for you help its greatly appreciated

OP
B
Reaction score
can i just create a folder say on the desktop and use that as my mount point for the nfs share

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.