"right click"

Reaction score
on windows, the right click function is there to show the copy,paste,properties,open in new window etc...how can we get this type of stuff on a macbook...I obviously know new windows and copy, paste etc but is there an alternative for right click and how can you find the properties of a picture/link? (eg. find the images source)

ta!

Reaction score
You can also set your touchpad to recognize a two finger click as the right click. I find this easier than the ctrl click method cos you only need one hand to do it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
This thread should probably be moved to the "switcher" forum.

T

transamman1999

ak1nza said:
You can also set your touchpad to recognize a two finger click as the right click. I find this easier than the ctrl click method cos you only need one hand to do it. :)

werd.

go to your System Preferences>Mouse&Keyboard

click the "Trackpad" tab. check the box before the statement about enabling right-click

then to right click, all you have to do is hold two fingers on the trackpad while clicking the trackpad button. VIOLA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
right click

transamman1999 said:
werd.

go to your System Preferences>Mouse&Keyboard

click the "Trackpad" tab. check the box before the statement about enabling right-click

then to right click, all you have to do is hold two fingers on the trackpad while clicking the trackpad button. VIOLA.

sorry i don't see the option

'check the box before the statement about enabling right-click'

?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
click

its ok sorted you learn a lesson a day on a mac

is it still just control and click if you're on a single click mouse? :mac:

T

transamman1999

brendan67 said:
sorry i don't see the option

'check the box before the statement about enabling right-click'

?????

well im not on my Mac now (at work on a PC)

but basically go in there and find the option that talks about right-clicking or maybe "secondary-clicking" or something similar. it should be easy to find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.