Lion Issues

Reaction score
Hey All,

I recently downloaded Lion, and so far I love it.
Though it's been acting a bit weird occasionally. Now I have been assuming that it's just cause it's new and all the bugs have yet to be worked out, but from the sounds of what I hear around me, no one else seems to experience many issues. Maybe I just have lucky friends.
It will occasionally run oddly slow, which is very frustrating and also very hard to narrow down why. But also a lot of visual faults, like with mission control etc. I'll post a pic of what it does.
Also, sometimes, when I close the lid (MacBook Pro) it doens't go to sleep. so I come back to a VERY hot and not happy little computer.
Please point me in the right direction if this has been covered elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!!

ScreenShot2011-08-24at104559PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
An update to Lion (10.7.1) was just released this past week. If you haven't installed it yet, go ahead and download and install it. It should address some of the bugs.

OP
M
Reaction score
I downloaded it last night and installed it today. Exact same issue :(
Maybe it just needs more time?
any other ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
haha
But to add to the issues. I've just realised that my macbook now fails to go to sleep EVERY time I close the lid :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
how about re-install lion osx ? at times you have to do it till the cow comes home. for the other person who praises windows xp, does not know what he is missing in apple osx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Consider calling Apple Care.

Be prepared to prove you purchased Lion. I think they have a line set up to help with just Lion problems for those who purchased it, even if their other Apple Care has gone out.

They might ask you to re-set PRAM and/or SMC. Which is likely to take less effort on your part than reinstalling OS, which will not work if it is a power management problem.

In truth it sounds like a power management issue.

Reaction score
I just can not imagine why i ever perchased an imac, oh yes i remember it was because of the hardware a imac 27 screen etc.
But now i am soooooo tired of the mac system i am thinking giving up.
after lion upgrade from snow leopard which at least worked.

Now i have an imac which can not read data cds and cannot connect to my sonos musik system.

Plus other things had it been in XP i would have got it to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I just can not imagine why i ever perchased an imac, oh yes i remember it was because of the hardware a imac 27 screen etc.
But now i am soooooo tired of the mac system i am thinking giving up.
after lion upgrade from snow leopard which at least worked.

Now i have an imac which can not read data cds and cannot connect to my sonos musik system.

Plus other things had it been in XP i would have got it to work.

First thing all new OS's have their share of glitches as many years you have
been dealing with Windows you should know this but Apple has released 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 is around the corner so be patient and learn the system.
As for XP is was ok in its day even Microsoft wants everyone to move to 7.
Depending on those cd's if it involved Rosetta then no Lion will not play and
warned users of such.

OP
M
Reaction score
Be prepared to prove you purchased Lion. I think they have a line set up to help with just Lion problems for those who purchased it, even if their other Apple Care has gone out.

They might ask you to re-set PRAM and/or SMC. Which is likely to take less effort on your part than reinstalling OS, which will not work if it is a power management problem.

In truth it sounds like a power management issue.

Power management issue? doesn't sound good. As in a fault with the machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.