Problem Installing XP With Boot Camp

Reaction score
So, I've been lurking these forums occasionally and thought it would be a good place to find some help with my current problem: trying to install Windows XP on a Mac Pro with Boot Camp.

First, the version of Boot Camp I am using is the most up to date one and the version of Windows XP is the Home version that originally came with my previous PC. I figured this version of Windows XP should work because so far the installation has gone past making the Drivers disc, up until the blue Windows installation screen which ends with an error before I get to the partition-choosing screen.

It says that the Windows installer has been shut down to prevent damage because a problem has been encountered. It says that it could be not enough disk space (which it wouldn't be because I have a 500GB harddrive and chose 32GB as my partition size) or maybe a driver problem. I'm leaning towards the driver problem because it says "pci.sys" at the bottom along with some weird code I don't understand. The drivers disc burned without a hitch so I'm not sure what it is. I could start up in safe mode but I wouldn't know what to do so I'd like to get some help. Maybe someone on the board has had a similar problem and had it resolved somehow? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think you need XP Pro, not Home, and it must be SP2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.