Login Window after Macbook lid close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone know how to setup my macbook so that when I close my lid and then re-open it, the login window will appear.

Is there a way to set that up or maybe a way to set it so that when i close it, it will log me out of my account?

Thanks

Reaction score
I don't think it can log you out. If you are looking for your password to display after sleep (closing lid) or screensaver, just go to System Preferences -> Security -> General -> Click "require password to wake from sleep/screensaver"

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Correct, at that point you just need to hit any key/mouse/trackpad to wake the machine up and it brings you right to that screen

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys,

I've set that up for now but I was really hoping that i could get back to the login window so that if I left my computer laying around my house, other people could still access it through the guest account, while still keeping me logged in and keeping them out... i hate to say this, but kind of like a windows laptop... ugh... that pains me..

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, i figured it out if you set up your preferences to ask for a password after sleep, close lid setting there is an option to switch users... not exactly what i had in mind but it will work.

Thanks for the help anyways

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.