Email viewing problems on Desktop & I phone

Reaction score
Hope this is in the correct forum.....

Im after a bit of advice, we are self employed, I work from home and my husband on the road and he needs to view the emails that come in whilst on the road so we bought iphones and set up the mail accounts.

The problem is that i work on a mac desktop and am viewing the emails as soon as they come through. However becasue Im viewing the emails straight away they don't seem to be going through on the email account to the iphone (same address used for desktop & iphone). It works if im out of the office and don't view the emails on the desktop, they'll then show up on the iphone etc

So is there a setting that I can change so that whether or not ive viewed the email on the desktop that it will still come through on the iphone?

Ive even tried putting a rule on the emails that come through on the desktop to be forwarded to a mobileme account which I wouldn't touch so that he can view them on their but the emails aren't forwarding, not sure what im doing wrong?!?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 13" Mid-2014 i5 256gb SSD 8gb Ram, iPad Mini 2 32gb
Are you using email through your ISP or an online email? What email client are you using in your office?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I had this exact issue. I CC'd the emails (by the original ISP account) to a Gmail account then had the phones only check the Gmail account thus not intercepting the email checks by the desktop email program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.