Keychain - Somtimes Yes / Sometimes No

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
I like to have Keychain store my internet usernames and passwords, however it doesn't seem to "kick in" all of the time.

Some websites are stored in Keychain and I can get right in when Safari hits the site.

Others, I still have to enter all of my info. How do I get Keychain to store those passwords?

Thanks! - Jeremy

Reaction score
Keychain..

that's a good question. I thought it depended on the site, but then, that might be considered a little intrusive. Did you have to add the ones that work to your keychain somehow??

OP
Jeremy W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
farmcock said:
...Did you have to add the ones that work to your keychain somehow??

Yes. For the sites that work, when I entered a username and password, a little box popped up and said something like "Do you want Keychain to store this, blah blah" I clicked "Yes". Now I am automatically logged in when I visit those sites.

Other sites, like my internet banking site, don't give me the little keychain pop up. Could be because it is an internet banking site. Another one that doesn't work is my Yahoo! Mail account.

Mac-Forums works though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I've noticed this as well. When I use camino I usually get the text box you're talking about, but with safari it's kind of hit or miss. I'm using safari a lot more though despite this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.