Mac relic needs to upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5

Reaction score
I am a relic in the Mac universe to be sure. I have had my 17" MacBookPro since 2006 and have never upgraded from OS X 10.4.11. Now I want to use a new iPhone and the newer version of iTunes required to communicate with it won't install on my outdated OS. Could one of you kind people point me in the right direction for upgrading my 10.4.11 to 10.5? I don't even know where to buy the software! Is it something I can upgrade with a download, or do I need to buy a physical disk? My hardware specs are: Model MacBookPro2,1; Intel Core 2 Duo; speed 2.33 GHz; 1 processor, 2 cores; 4MB L2 cache; 2 GB memory; bus speed 667 MHz; Boot ROM version MBP21.00A5.B08; SMC 1.14f5. Any tips would be much appreciated. - A Dumb Brunette.
:Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

You would need to purchase either a retail version of Leopard or the full boxed set of Snow Leopard. I recommend Snow Leopard. However, both are going to be expensive now that Lion is out.

What I suggest is to contact Apple customer service and see if they have the full boxed set of Snow Leopard on hand for sale. It will cost $169.00 but it also includes iWork and iLife.

Amazon has copies of both Leopard and Snow Leopard but as you can see from this LINK, it's going to cost $$$.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.