Entourage 2004

S

shane440

Within our organization we use Entourage 2004 configured to retrieve mail from our Exchange server. We have around 50 MAC users and two of our users are unable to delete mail from there Entourage mailbox. I do not receive any errors when I try to delete the message. I am able to login to a Intel machine with Outlook and delete mail with no problems. I have tested setting up the users on other working MACs with Entourage with no success. The Macs have all the Office updates that the update manager can find. I have tried rebuilding the database with the database utility, no go there either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Reaction score
Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.

OP
S

shane440

Thanks for the reply

youthpastor said:
Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.

I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
shane440 said:
I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane

give them a different name on their account or give them new accounts

:mac:

OP
G

graymatter

Good day,

Is it possible to set up a group from Entourage on a MS Exchange server. I know I can do this locally.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.