Trouble with Fonts for Web Page Creation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX
Hi, new here. Half way through a bag of miniature candy bars with frustration, figured I better find some help!

Took classes in html and css. Basic understanding of how to create web pages, done several for my family, all on PC. Bought Mac. Using Bean for text program to create html document. Use Firefox for browser.

At the moment I'm trying to create a page for my kids to use to keep track of chores. It will not be uploaded to my server, we will use it directly from the computer and just open it in a web browser window.

Being so, figured I could use whatever font I wanted because from what I learned, if you have the font in your computer, the web page will show in the font indicted by the html code. Trouble is - it's not showing. I downloaded some fonts (mac versions) to use specifically for this project and they won't show in the web page.

I've tried placing the font families in the css code at the beginning, in the individual tags before the text starts, through <span> tags. I've tried using the name of the font itself & the file name of the font. Tried adding the fonts into the "web collection" in font book. I'm now at a loss and getting fatter by the minute. Please help me understand what's going on.

Maybe it will help if you know what fonts I'm using:
Cheeseburger CHEESEBU.TTF Windows TrueType font

Cookies Cookies.ttf Windows TrueType font

Funny Pages Funny pages Font Suitcase

Gorilla Milkshake gorilla milkskake (didn't spell it wrong, that's how it is) Font Suitcase

Hasty Pudding Hasty Pudding Font Suitcase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
Can you provide the code for your site. Both HTML and CSS so i can have a look?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I should add that non standard fonts, if you want to use them for the odd title or header should be saved as a GIF file and placed on the page as a picture

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.