Upgrading to Mountain Lion

Reaction score
I just purchased Quicken 2007 for LION which is Intel based and plan to buy office 2011 as well so my major apps will be compatible with Lion. Other than some games I think the transition from Snow Leopard will work swell, but I am not 100% sure. Looking at activity monitor it appears everything I have is running Intel code except Office 2004. Palm Desktop (which I no longer use) has information from my old Palm OS units that I used for many years and long before Smart phones ever showed up I have to wonder if it will work on the Intel macs or if there is a intel version.

Also what of Boot Camp? I have a Feb 2010 refurbished Macbook (which I believe is a late 2009 model) and am running Windows XP in that partition. I see no reason to upgrade to Windows 7.

What curve balls will I get hit with after I move to Mountain Lion? I will definitely back everything up before I upgrade.

John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can see is that you may have to purchase a minor upgrade to Quicken 2007 to get full compatibility with Mountain Lion. Before upgrading you need to do some research on that. Access the Intuit forums and find out if you need to purchase an upgrade.

There's no reason to mess with your Windows XP installation via Boot Camp as it should still function OK when you upgrade to ML.

OP
E
Reaction score
The only thing I can see is that you may have to purchase a minor upgrade to Quicken 2007 to get full compatibility with Mountain Lion. Before upgrading you need to do some research on that. Access the Intuit forums and find out if you need to purchase an upgrade.

There's no reason to mess with your Windows XP installation via Boot Camp as it should still function OK when you upgrade to ML.

It cost $14 for the intel upgrade to Q2007 and I bought it. Quicken is much snappier know with the intel native code. Cant wait to get the Office 2011 CD for Office 2004 is sure sluggish at times.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't use Office 2004 with Lion or Mountain Lion anyway. Since it consists of PPC code it won't run. Both Lion and ML are Intel only. No Rosetta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.