New macbook - i just want tiger!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Yes, new macbook owner, am happy, but am not, why is it apple isnt getting sued for including so many apps in their OS, but windows does?

Anyways, not why i am here.....

all i want is to install tiger, i don't want the extra's, the Ilife all that ..

i just want the base O/S and nothing more.

Since it seems Tiger or OSX doesnt really have uninstallers for all apps, it is a mix between deleting the apps folder, and searching for files in hopes you find what is left over, which i do find ridiculous these days....

If all i want is tiger, nothing else, do i literally need to go buy a new tiger OS ? or spend hours looking for orphan files for programs i just delete the folders / files for manually ?

please tell me it is easier then this - I mean the way that OSX is praised up and down as being such a superior OS and all....

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure if this can be done, but can't you just reinstall from the disks you got with the macbook, and choose a minimum installation?

congrats on the new mac!
btw, you should change your user profile (still says you have no mac ;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
not sure if this can be done, but can't you just reinstall from the disks you got with the macbook, and choose a minimum installation?
Yes, you can do an install like that. You are able to choose what gets installed and what doesn't by doing a custom installation. You would have to reformat and wipe your drive first, but it can be done.

OP
Mathiau
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wicked, i didnt see that option..lol - i redid my system once, but just figured it was some ghost image :), will pay closer attention next time, you know how it is, you get a new laptop, and you try new programs, i am just anal in keeping my systems clean and not having things in it i dont use :)

much appreciate!

OP
Mathiau
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
<---updated

P.S Parallels rules! just ditched my works dell 9100 laptop, since now i can use paralells for my work programs, a whole 2 of them i need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.