Battlefield2 on MBP-what screen res????

Reaction score
Hi I have just installed BF2 on my new MacBook Pro, what screen res should I be runnig it at? as it runs in the right ratio on 1280x800 but to be honest thats rubbish res for playig that game, I used to get it looking 10x better on my iMac which had a screen res of 1680x1050.

when I try the other resolutions you can't see the bottom of the screen which is a real issue for playing the game. Anyone have any ideas for the best res to play this at as I am dissapointed if 1280x800 is my best option!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi I have just installed BF2 on my new MacBook Pro, what screen res should I be runnig it at? as it runs in the right ratio on 1280x800 but to be honest thats rubbish res for playig that game, I used to get it looking 10x better on my iMac which had a screen res of 1680x1050.

when I try the other resolutions you can't see the bottom of the screen which is a real issue for playing the game. Anyone have any ideas for the best res to play this at as I am dissapointed if 1280x800 is my best option!

The native resolution on the 15" MBP is 1440x900. Not sure about the 17" model.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi,

yea I know that, but there isn't an option in the game for that res, you can force it by editing the properties in the shortcut, but it doesn't load when I do that, but it did when I forced it on my imac???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.