HELP, After updating iphoto's i've lost all photo's

Reaction score
HELP, I did a auto date on my Mac book Pro for iphoto's and now I can't find any of my photo's I am about to cry........the message coming up is saying "photo libary can't be view with current version of iphoto's" what the heck do I do.......6 months of photo's missing most of my baby, and YES I should of backed them up, have the new external hard drive sitting here and just hadn't got around to it grhhhhhhhhh

Reaction score
Go to your Pictures Folder and have a look for a big file called "iPhoto Library". In case it is still there check its file size (should be well over 1 GB depending on how much photos are inside) and **make a backup before proceeding**. Right-Click the file and select "show contents". Unless the Library is damaged you should now be able access the files and photos within the Library and copy them elsewhere. When you are done, you can create a new iPhoto Library and put your pictures back in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.