Reported 2012 Mac Mini Video Blanking Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hey Everyone,
My Mac Mini arrives in a few days and I have been very excited. But after reading a few extremely lengthy support complaints off Apples website about video going out intermittently my excitement is slowly turning to panic. Some report it to do a 1 to 2 second blank a few minutes after starting up the system, some report it to randomly blank when it wants to and how long it wants to. Some systems have to restart to correct the issue. And some report it to be slowly getting worse with them sending their Macs back in only to receive a new replacement with the same issues. The fault has been reported to have to with incorrect BIOS support for the HD4000 gpu and most PC's were released a BIOS update to correct it.
But to here the support post on Apples website you would think EVERY Mac Mini has this issues and I just cant fantom Apple, nor Intel releasing hardware that crashed with every monitor on the market.

So my question is, those of you that have a late 2012 Mac Mini model. Do you have/had these issues. If they are corrected please explain how you fixed it. If you never experienced any issues, please tell us you monitor and video cable setup. Hopefully there will be owners with less issues then with..

Thanks,
Joe

OP
Exodist
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Well I got a mDP/Thunderbolt to DVI one piece cable and 3 days in not the first sign of trouble.. heh.. Now I said that I will prob go down hill.. But knock on wood everything is all good and stays that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.