What language do you use predominately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Are your sites pure html? Or do you use css more? Do you include javascript? Perl? ASP? Java? PHP? What web languages can you code in?

Me, I use html only as the base, and avoid it whenever possible. I really like css and use it as much as I can, and then for extras I use php. I love php, having only started learning about 2 months ago, and most of my pages these days are coded with php, then html, then css, in that order. I can do a little perl, but my hosting provider didn't support it when I wanted to use it so gave up and started learning php.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
I usually use html but PHP is looking pretty easy and cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Start with HTML, and then I need to do cool stuff, go into PHP. I don't really know PHP, but I can look at it, hack it, and mold it my likeing. Also PHP is great for using headers and footers. So easy....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
html is usually what i start with.. habit i guess, and then i add css where needed then i take a stab at php.... ive been working with perl lately, but only to try and learn it better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
since i only know html and some java thats all i use right now.....once i get all this college stuff for next fall sorted out i will look into learning some new languages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. well HTML since 95, Javascript since 97, PHP since 98, SQL since 99, CSS since 2000 and that's pretty much it at this point :)

S

Stanley

(X)HTML
mySQL
CSS
PHP (Have to look up syntaxes all the time on php3.net, so it's not something I use day-in / day-out)
Flash - Actionscript: extremely powerful
Basic understanding of XML, but I'm starting to use it these days.

I work here: tp://www.tecton.be (outdated link removed)
I play here: tp://www.sometimestanley.com (outdated link removed)

Cheers !
Stanley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
English. er..

Well you may not believe it after looking at my site (bad/old link removed) which is all HTML :) I do know/have known HTML, CSS, PHP, java, perl is really the coolest I think. Those are the languages I CAN code in. Meaning if I took a quick refresher and got off my ass I could code in them. (but I'm lazy and GoLive requires ZERO knowledge of anything so.. but don't be disappointed I'll fix my site up, I'm working on an alternative site to replace the current)

L

lnxmatt

Web Programming

I've been doing web development for nearly 6 years and I mainly use Perl for the backend and HTML/CSS/XML for the browser. I've been experimenting with using Perl to transform XML content into HTML/CSS for display. I also use Apache, mod_perl, and Mason mainly for my server components. I've done sites using SQL, XML, and LDAP processing all with perl, and also have done ACtive Directory authentication with Perl's NET::LDAP module. Anyhow, so I guess I like perl. I use Java for interactive applets if necessary.

Matt

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Fortran, C, Perl and Shell scripting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.