Mac mini not seeing Qwest wireless network

Reaction score
I've just moved cross country and finally got internet through Qwest/CenturyLink. After walking through the modem configuration on my PC laptop, I happily sat down with my Mac mini expecting to easily get online. My AirPort doesn't see the network at all. So I tried manually adding it through Join Other Network, adding the network name and password provided by the company using WPA2 Personal security as is indicated on the modem configuration page. I'm then prompted to type in my personal password to allow Mac OS X to make changes, do so, and then get a connection timeout. It doesn't seem to be seeing the modem/network at all, and it's all of 16 feet away. I spoke with a second tech support person who suggested that I reset the AirPort settings, so I came here and looked through several posts to find out how to do that- but haven't really found an answer. I'm very frustrated and don't know what to do next. Should I pick up and move my mini and monitor and connect with the ethernet cable and then do something manually to allow it to connect wirelessly? My little PC laptop which normally I can't stand is my lifeline right now and it picked up the network no problem. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running 10.6.3, and under network/AirPort the card type is AirPort Extreme. I'm not as savvy with my mini as I'd like to be in regards to wi fi and wireless, so please be gentle with me. :Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.