Cinema 20", one week and already dead

F

fabio

hi there

i just received my powermac G5 friday (18.2.05), including a cinema display 20".

now, while i was surfung, the monitor turned off.

the LED in the corner (the white one), flashes, but nothing else.

the screen is still recognized, cause if i'm on the sysprefs i see, there is a second screen.

okey, i checked the apple troubleshooting sheet, and i saw "If you see a sequence of two short flashes and a long flash, the monitor is detecting a problem with a backlighting lamp. Contact an Apple-authorized dealer or service provider for additional information about resolving the problem."

exactly what the LED does.

okey, i've got a problem with the backlight, but wft bad quality screen is this?! :mad:

any other idea, what to do with the screen?
it's realy a **** right now, cause i have realy hard to work this week on my computer, and just with one screen it sucks.

OP
F

fabio

yes i know, this would be the best, but the problem is, that i can't handle without a second screen while the next 4 days.

i'll have to do much with photoshop and illustrator, and things like this suck on just one screen.

first, i had to wait a half year for the G5, than, the screen dies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.