No alarm?

Reaction score
Does anyone know why apple left this out of the iPad? I'm sure there's apps just seems strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
It is a bit strange not to have a clock app on it. And you're right, a quick google search lists a fair few. No idea why they did not include one, maybe in the next update they will have it sorted, after all there is a lot about this issue around the internet.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Probably the assumption was most people use an alarm clock or their phones for alarms. Especially since the iPad is large enough that it could be difficult to find a place for it on the average person's nightstand. At least there are plenty of alarm clock apps. I think it's better to leave something off and have an app for it if you want it. The less excess the better in my opinion.

Reaction score
Does anyone know why apple left this out of the iPad? I'm sure there's apps just seems strange.

Apple calls it a "third party opportunity." Maybe they just wanted to have others do it better than they could?

Check out:

Big Pocket Clock ($1)
App Shopper: Big Pocket Clock for iPad (Utilities)

Alarm Clock (free)
Alarm Clock Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Night Stand HD ($3)
Night Stand HD | The Indispensable Clock for your iPhone and iPad

Get yourself a nice case for your iPad that will allow it to stand up at the angle that you like, and any of the above will make a stunningly beautiful alarm clock!

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.