Problems with Belkin wireless router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac
I recently had road runner internet setup through my cable and bought a Belkin N wireless router so I can access the web without an ethernet cable running across my apartment.

I'm using an eMac with an airport card (which I'm not sure if it's configured correctly or not) and I am having some difficulties setting up the router. For the initial setup of the router I had it connected to my mac via an ethernet cable but was still unable to get internet. However when I run ethernet fro road runner's modem to my computer it's just fine. When in Belkin's setup software I get to the last step (where I am to enter all my road runner account info) and it ends up telling me it cannot confirm my information. It asked me the following:

account user name
password
service
timeout
connect on demand

I imagine it's probably something I'm doing incorrectly but it would be much appreciated if somebody could point me in the right direction. Anybody on here use road runner and a wireless router? I have little time with my job to be sitting around on hold, waiting for somebody on road runner's tech support line.

Thanks for any feedback!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
I recently had road runner internet setup through my cable and bought a Belkin N wireless router so I can access the web without an ethernet cable running across my apartment.

I'm using an eMac with an airport card (which I'm not sure if it's configured correctly or not) and I am having some difficulties setting up the router. For the initial setup of the router I had it connected to my mac via an ethernet cable but was still unable to get internet. However when I run ethernet fro road runner's modem to my computer it's just fine. When in Belkin's setup software I get to the last step (where I am to enter all my road runner account info) and it ends up telling me it cannot confirm my information. It asked me the following:

account user name
password
service
timeout
connect on demand

I imagine it's probably something I'm doing incorrectly but it would be much appreciated if somebody could point me in the right direction. Anybody on here use road runner and a wireless router? I have little time with my job to be sitting around on hold, waiting for somebody on road runner's tech support line.

Thanks for any feedback!

If i remember correctly , Road Runner is Time Warners Cable internet. Typically in this case you wudnt have to enter user name or password. Connect the router to the modem, turn it on wait until the lights stop blinking and the 'INTERNET' blue light on the router is ON.

Now open the brower and go to http://192.168.2.1 . From here just setup the wireless access name and security. DOnt change anything else yet. You can do virtual firewall and stuff later.

After this the router might reboot and after this you should see your new wireless in the aiport preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.