Desktop went chunky & noisy?!

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So I turn on my computer to find this:

(click to enlarge)

Basically, my desktop image is all chunked up (don't know how else to say it... not really pixelized, it's huge bits!) and noisy (the noise it there, though hard to see in the screen capture).

It was fine last night. Everything seems to be functioning minus the fact my desktop looks brutal. I tried to change the background, but it still chunks it up and adds noise. I restarted twice hoping for a change... no dice. Should I be concerned...? Because I am =/
Please help? Thanks for any advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check around to see if there is something that's causing interference to your MBP. It's hard to tell what kind of interference it is (if it even is interference) by looking at the picture you provided. I've seen TV sets do the same thing when an RF transmitter was operating close by.

Do you have an external monitor you can hook up to see if the same thing's happening?

Does it happen when you move the machine to different areas of your home or outside?

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

I finally figured it out... I had some random program I guess I'd downloaded a long time ago that was running without my knowledge and I just had to find it and shut it down Lol Random =/ That really scared me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.