issue with IPod/Mac to PC

Reaction score
My son sold an IPod, and tonight I got this message from the buyer:

"Dear Sir or Madam, I received your 80GB I-pod and have an issue to address with you. While the i-pod does perform the basic function of playing a song, there is no way to add or change songs, upload new information, or connect the unit to a PC in any way. It has taken me about a month and a half to get this completely diagnosed, however, I finally took it to an I-Pod store for diagnosis and they have stated that it is not repairable and needs to be replaced entirely.This will cost $90 using a core replacement program. What I am contacting you for is to find out what remedy you would offer to this situation. "

I asked my son about it. He said it's formatted for a Mac and that the fellow should be able to go online and find out how to reformat it. He said he had to do that when he bought it himself, formatting it for a Mac.

None of this makes sense to me. Does it to you? If the buyer took it to an IPod store, wouldn't they have known that?

Yikes. I hope there's a simple answer... other than returning the money. If it worked when we sent it, shouldn't it have worked when it arrived? Assuming it's correctly formatted?

Thank you!

JC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.